Friday, March 13, 2009

Upon Arrival

Upon Arrival..
Today is Tuesday but I still didn’t get to online in Manipal..
Wanted to apply for the cable connection but they only have wireless for my block
According to the senior, wireless is unstable, so I still considering about it.
So, typing my blog using Ms Office, then post to my blog when get to online..

Well, the flight took about 3+ hours to reach Bangalore, which is about 1.45am (Malaysia Time)
11.15 (India Time).. Difference by 2.5 hours..
KLIA Airport is much more better than Bangalore International Airport..
Didn’t capture pictures, too tired ady.. Didnt get to sleep much la..
The night before, went out with Kenny, Vinay and Limmy until 4+am..
Then woke up about 9+ to pack stuff.. Really exhausted..
Get on the bus, which is about 5 seats per row.. Kinda packed. Sandwich..
And it took us 1 hour to reach the Royal Orchid Hotel..
The uncle said, the road is KL type road.. and I am still okay with it..
Don’t really have any feeling that I am in India. Everything looks the same..
The hotel we booked was about RM45o per person..
The hotel was okay but we can get a much better room in Malaysia.. by using MYR450..
Online at there and blog my previous post..
But before I posted, laptop already out of battery..
Couldn’t charge because I didn’t have the stabiliser as the voltage in India is 220V
While Malaysia using 240V..
Then.. Dozes off lo.. and it was just a 2 hours sleep..
Because by 4am, we need to wake up, Breakfast at 5am, then 6am ciaoz to airport..
So, it was just a waste of money staying at hotel.. not cheap somore..

The breakfast was okay.. but didn’t eat much.. In sleeping mode..
The milk tastes different... 100% pure milk, squeezed from cow.. haha
And most of the food have spices and herbs..Not used to it yet..
Then, another 1 hour to Banglore Airport..
And the weather was nice, 17 degree Celsius.. Chilling...
Then, from there, took a 1+ hour flight to Mangalore using Jets Airways..
Slept again in the airport, but the plane really smaller.. 4 seats per row..

Reached Mangalore about 10.45am(This blog onwards, my time will be India Time)
Then, get on the college bus, and Manipal is 60km away from Mangalore
But it took us 2 hours to reach there.. 30 km/h.. Due to the bumpy roads..
Erh, Should be the uneven surface.. Everyone was complaining..
But I was sleeping soundly at the back, for me, the road was still okay.. hehe

Then, we went to the hotel for briefing and etc.. Had lunch at there..
And when the senior called our name to receive file,
He called my name, reena lim lee CHAI... swt...
I am not sure whether to laugh or ...angry...
Then, I didn’t get the room that I pre-booked..
Booked for Sharada New Non AC room, which costs about Rs76, 000 annual basis..
But I was given Sonia Non AC, Rs41, ooo.. cheaper.. But I was told, it was far from class
Somehow, it turned out to be satisfying, have attached bathroom, bigger than Inti Room
And the location is strategic, near to class.. nearer compared to Sharada..
Sharada People were complaining about it, and wished to switch room..
I guess that I am lucky huh..
But when I reached the hostel, my room was occupied by senior’s stuff..
And the room is locked, after waited for 30min, the caretaker asked the lock man to break the lock.. (still lucky huh?)
Then, cleaner lady cleaned the room for me.. We can ask them to clean for us anytime, just need to write in the book..
Main point is FOC.. haha.. But I still clean it myself after that, kinda dusty..
Oh ya, my room is on the 3rd floor.. Kill me please..
I am lazy to walk and climb stairs but now, I am forced too.. What to do?

There were Uncles (Bell Boy) around, and they helped us to carry our stuff..
My luggage is about 30+ kg, so, must seek help from them..
Senior told us to give them tips, 3 ppl shares about Rs.100, (MYR 1 =Rs13)..
Which is lesser than MYR10..
Then, I gave the uncle Rs30, and he requested for another Rs20 (Rs30+Rs20 =Rs50)
My senior said , just give him.. Then, my friend (Li Ning) stayed 3 rooms away from mine.. also need to pay Rs.50
The uncles asked us to pay another man for Rs.50 because there were 3 of them..
But we just ignored them.. and get into our room..
Li Ning said, he waited for about 30min..Outside of her room..

After that, I was busy cleaning the room, wipe here and there..
Then, I thought that we are supposed to meet at the lobby at 5.50pm.
But actually, it was 5.15pm.. So, I missed out to go shopping with them..
Kinda depressed and tired.. It was really a bad day...
Then, a Jpa gal, named Amalina, she looks like a Chinese, fair complexion
Took me to the shop to get some groceries. . pillow and etc..
And I met my group at there..
But I didn’t get my Airtel(India Sim Card)
Need to wait for the senior to buy for me..
Get myself pillow, detergent, hanger and etc..
They don’t have bolster here, and it is consider as luxury item at here..

After that, senior brought us for dinner and it costs me Rs20 (MYR 1+)
Because I shared my food with another gal (Mei Li).. Big proportion..
Egg Fried Rice and I am still okay with it..not much difference with Malaysia fried rice
Still trying to adapt with the food..
When I was eating, feel like crying, I missed the time, we were having dinner at Maxim.
I missed auntie alot, miss u guys alot.. Really...
Maybe I haven’t get myself mix with others.. haha

Then, rushed back to the hostel, curfew for 1st month is 9.30pm
Then 2nd month, 10.30pm, 4th month 11.30pm, then latest is 12.00pm..
Pity huh.. miss Inti alot, went for supper at Palma..no curfew at all.. study until morning.. But things are different here.. Really need some time..
When reached my room, started to unpack this and that lo..
Then, filled in the form which is required for tomorrow..
About 11+, I just turned off my light and sleep..
That’s all for today.. Continue later..

P/S : My blog was typed on Tuesday afternoon, I didn’t managed to get stabiliser to charge my lappy.. borrowed from Paw..stabiliser out of stock and I was missed out when they went to the electrical shop...

1 comment:

  1. May I know, who are you? anyways, thanks for ur information

    ReplyDelete